Saturday 8 December 2012

THE THING CALLED MARRIAGE


I had to use caps for my header cos my people ehn, I don't understand what's going on with our generation as regards marriage. I look at some of my friends display pics and personal messages and see "50 years today, u were joined together at the altar, happy wedding anniversary mum and dad" or "happy wedding anniversary mum and dad" and when I ask how many years the person answers 30years. Now, this week you'll see "Happy married life Amara and Obi, God bless your union" and three weeks later, you'll see Amara on the road or in a restaurant an ask, "Amara, how far na? How's hubby?" and Amara keeps a gloomy face and she just says "he's fine" and finally bursts out crying. We are separated, I really can't say what happened and I'm like "Oh wow, so sorry dear, it is well". Two weeks later, you'll see Chidozie, "what's up bro, how's wifey and your child?" He answers "she's back in her parents house, I got tired of her joo, always nagging" wow!!!!!
I honestly am scared, what's happening? Why can't we just keep a relationship na? What is it? Are we cursed? I can't begin to imagine.
Let me use my parents as an example, My dad and Mum should have been married for 26years this year but my mum's late. Well I look back at their relationship and keep praying I have one like dat. My mum had an accident some years back and she suffered from memory loss for 9 years before she died but in that 9 years, my dad proved his love for her. she basically couldn't do anything so he bathed her, helped her brush her teeth, cleaned her up, fed her and loved her through it all before she finally departed this earth. I always look at them then and smile cos my dad was so patient with her. Some men would have quickly gone to remarry and forgotten all the vows they made at the altar.
Please, anyone who's  not ready to go through the phase of marriage shouldn't even start it at all. I don't understand why there are failed marriages everywhere.
I really am tired for us, we can actually make it work. Some men decide to end up with a girl cos she's cute n would uplift his social status and girls would like to end up with a guy cos he's rich n she thinks he can give her all the best things in life forgetting that some men will just marry you and dump you at home as wife cos maybe he married you cos of some sort of pressure from his family to get married and then continue with his dealings and lifestyle.
So people, please don't be in a hurry to get married, think through it and choose your partner wisely cos Marriage is a lifetime covenant and shouldn't be toyed with. *big smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment