Friday 7 December 2012

Nigeria, My Country

When I got my job, I honestly wasn't happy. Civil Service? *whew* but as time goes, I'm beginning to appreciate my job. I got my 1st slip and I wasn't happy cos I already had an experience of banking and the pay was fantastic. Well, kept swallowing hot spittle (ewww ryt?) and kept wondering "OMG!! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS??????" Well, manage, I guess. Anyways, three months into my job, I was asked to join the team going to National Assembly to defend 2013 budget but before that, most of our allowances and entitlements at work wasn't given and our salaries were obviously tampered with and when we complained, they'd say its lack of funds from the government. Well we got to National Assembly and we were supposed to defend our budget in the House of Reps first, when we got there, my boss asked us to wait outside (I just kept wondering why he would do that and why we followed if we were gonna stay outside). Anyways, God saved him cos the room was filled. I kinda had no idea what went on in there but they approved our budget. Two days later, we were summoned by the Senate to come and defend and I'd say God caught my boss cos we were asked to enter inside. What my ear heard that day (not me oo, my ear) ehn!!! no be here. I realized I'm supposed to earn thrice of what I earn now excluding my allowances oo and I'm supposed to get a mobility fee cos I moved from Lagos to Abuja for work and I kept wondering where all my money went to. When my boss was asked to explain, he kept saying he had other staff he employed for menial jobs and he didn't have enough funds from the government to pay these so called workers and all what not and for some reason the nominal roll of my workplace seemed to have been tampered with. He was asked to resolve the issue and till date, I never see any change. Well, well, well, they say we don't have money in Nigeria but the kind of trillions and billions they were calling there almost made me carry chair to stone somborri when I'm only asking for thousand(s). These people ask for ridiculous amounts of money and then they give huge bribes for their budgets to be approved  yet as jackies, we do all the work and don't even get paid well. They provide bad roads and infrastructures for us, unclean water and all what not. Well, I still believe say e go better for us one day. God help us

No comments:

Post a Comment